Memberships are now available to the world’s foremost experts on Abrahadabra and the central hub for Mutational Alchemy, the legendary ninth limb of Yoga. The chart below is a quick and dirty synopsis of what we are all about.
For a number of years now, those following The Abrahadabra Institute’s activities over the past 18 years have asked us for official memberships. After a tremendous amount of work having been completed, towards formulating what such a membership might look like, in order to suit the needs of persons interested, we’ve come to the conclusion that the best direction for TAI, much to our founder’s chagrin, is as an educational institution and (co-ed) fraternity – for the purposes of social fun, and thirdly as an initiation gateway into the 418 current. Anything that dares to connect itself with Abrahadabra is necessarily signing up for a rough and fast-paced ride, and we have hitched our wagon to that particular train a long, long time ago. This is certainly optional. Abrahadabra loves loners – our clan consists of the Hermits and the Magus. They don’t need a group. But the path can be lonely and we’re willing to take the heat in representing the 418 current in this world. If you want to join us, fine. If not, we still respect you just as much, fam.
A significant investment of time has been dedicated towards composing a seven year long (open source) curriculum, leading into Mutational Alchemy. We are using an introduction to this steep climb via the foundational elements we had identified over five years ago, and we are very pleased to announce that The Abrahadabra Institute is finally, after all these years, ready to take on the stewardship of a formal membership body.
Almost everyone human with a pulse is welcome to join. While it’s true that we are open to just about everybody, it is not a decision to take lightly. This stuff that we study here is as real as anything, extremely potent, and we can’t be held responsible for the fallout if one joins frivolously and tries to make Abrahadabra some kind of joke or subject to one’s Will. Below is a link to the comprehensive guide to membership. also on the menu to the left “join TAI.”
The above link will answer most pressing questions, but it doesn’t cover all of them. Those who wish to ask questions of us directly should visit the public area of the forums, here: http://abrahadabra.freeforums.net/board/64/pubbies-live and create a new thread or post in the existing Q & A.
This organization is designed to endure for at least a thousand years, depending on circumstances surrounding success towards the Aeon of Hrumachis as defined by Liber al vel Legis. If that sounds like something you are interested in building, we are open to studious, intelligent, patient, dedicated and self-controlled individuals.
Any post about opening up memberships to The Abrahadabra Institute would be incomplete without mentioning our founder, who died on December 26th 2016, and who was pushing hard to stay alive for as long as it took to stabilize this body of work and TAI itself, with the intention that I could continue where he left off. The future is going to be a lot of fun here at TAI and you’re not going to want to miss it.
Izi Sesa Ningishzidda
Magister Ouroboros 777
Sometimes called the Celtic Cross, here we use the less common name for the spread, Sword and Shield. In this context the right vertical pillar represents the sword, and the diamond shape formed by the left pattern represents the shield.
One of the most widely known and used spreads, the Sword and Shield is a very useful general purpose spread. It’s better suited for situations than it is for analyzing people themselves. The complex Sephiroth spread is better at analyzing personalities.
- The first card in the spread represents the querent – either you or someone you’re reading about. If it is a card with a person on it, one should consider the figure to be one and the same with a querent. If there is no figure or that doesn’t make any sense, it could represent the thoughts dominating the querent.
- The crossing card. The represents the dilemma, person, or situation facing the querent – the person holding the shield and sword. If it’s an enemy this should be fairly clear. If using reversals it’s important to remember that the card is normally read as being about go either way. You can certainly interpret it with reversals but there is a reason why it is laid sideways. It represents the changeability of fate.
- This position represents the past. This card can have a strong effect on the other cards, so even if there are difficulties if this card is auspicious it slants the reading towards a more manageable scenario. If it’s an unlucky card one should take this into account and advise corrections based on past behaviors that aren’t working for the querent. In the context of the Shield, it represents that path which the querent is already in the habit of following. One should consider if they wish to repeat the past or not.
- The malleable future. It is the right hand path, the more difficult path often, requiring the use of the Sword. Although sometimes it will proclaim the querent should keep to “steady as she goes” if the past and future cards are dramatically different, changes should be considered.
- The path we are on, and the enviromental factors we can’t see. The querent could be about to trip on a banana peel or they might have solid footing. Whatever it is will affect the situation in front of the querent.
- Above we have the higher will and unseen forces of the superconscious. There are other wills at play in the world and some of them are helpful, others are adversarial. This card will reveal what is acting over the situation. Changing this requires higher powers as well, but this will mean something different to everyone.
- The hilt of the sword is the querent’s handle on all of the other aspects of this pillar.
- The left side of the sword represents one’s external enviroment, things that have nothing to do with the querent or the situation but which can change everything about the outcome. It can also hold secrets about hidden paths and ways of doing things the querent hasn’t looked at yet, especially if the outcome is poor.
- The right side of the sword represents the ideas, thoughts and plans of the querent which are being used in that given moment. If the outcome is poor, consider this card carefully.
- The point of the card, the essence of the element of Air and Jen. This card is the most important card in the spread, if it’s a good outcome card, such as the Hierophant or the Emperor, even if all of the other cards are horrible the final outcome will be a positive one.
As always consider coincidental pairings, strong elemental showings, such as an unusual multitude of Pentacles, or many ATU, or many male or female figures. In meditation one may visualize oneself as a figure carrying a sword and shield on a kind of road, on their mission. Pay attention to what kind of enviroment populates as well as the details on both pieces of equipment, as well as the appearance of the object or lifeform in front of you.
Post questions below. Users may remain anonymous.
A reader will get back to you within a week. If you do not specify an oracle (I Ching or Tarot) one will be chosen for you based on the question. If you are looking for a psychic reading, please specify.
Accepting payment for readings is forbidden by The Abrahadabra Institute. So yes, it is completely free!